5 Things to do near Mkuze – Whilst staying at Mpeti Lodge why not consider a few of these activities to fill a day?
There is so much to see and do in the area but we wanted to share our top 5 favourites with you.
- IlalaWeavers – located in Hluhluwe this tourist attraction is open for both foreign and local visitors. They have a small restaurant and shop gallery as well as a small museum which is definitely worth visiting.
- Ghost Mountain Inn – a famous historic hotel situated at the foot of the Ghost Mountain in Mkuze this is a lovely place to visit for lunch or afternoon tea! Be sure to take a walk along their corridors to look at the old photo collection and learn about the history of the Ghost Mountain.
- St Lucia and the Isimangaliso Wetland Park – iSimangaliso Wetland Park is a huge protected area along the coast of South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal Province. The park’s centerpiece is the vast Lake St. Lucia, home to large numbers of hippos, crocodiles, pelicans, and flamingos. Elephants, giraffes, and leopards inhabit the grasslands and forests of the nearby Western Shores and Charters Creek areas. To the north, Sodwana Bay is known for its colourful coral reefs.
- Tiger Fishing – one of the biggest attractions to Jozini is Tiger Fishing on the Jozini Dam. For more information please email us at email@example.com.
- Elephant Interaction at Bayete Zulu – Get up close and personal with Rambo, Rachel, and Jabulani. You will be given a talk by one of their rangers whilst having the opportunity to feed and touch the elephants. Bookings are essential!
Visit our gallery for a glimpse of what we do here at Mpeti!